AMD New EPYC Lineup Smashes Intel

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Aug 9 05:47:02 PDT 2019

On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 05:43:21PM -0300, Punk wrote:

> 	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Platform_Security_Processor
>
> 	see how much information wikipedia-NSA has on amd-NSA? One could
> 	make some searches using google-NSA for "platform security
> 	processor" but I'm not bothering.
>
> 	bottom line, the super-rich who control AMD shouldn't be taxed to
> 	death. They must FIRST be executed (AP style or whatever) and
> 	then 'their' wealth claimed back by the rightful owners - the
> 	'consumers'.

That thought is appealing on the face of it.

But.

We are hierarchical animals. By all means institute a new system of
interaction amongst our fellow humans - I may well join you in the
attempt at a fairer world, and as some well know, the Federal Reserve
banks are illegal/ unconstitutional, sanctioned by statute at the
literal end of a gun and on Christmas Eve (who the hell passes laws
on Christmas Eve? (((TPTB))) I guess...)... a litany of cabalistic
goy enslavement running hot for around 4,500 years now.

THAT system needs to go.

But whatever system we have, some folks will attempt to game, and
shall succeed to a greater or lesser extent - so this is in a real
sense an eternal mission, of education, of standing for better/
greater/ fairer principles, challenging the pyramid hierarchies
which, quite naturally, form over years, centuries, millenia.
<snaps metaphorical lobster claws a few times>

Certainly co-operative, auditable, FLOSS/open hardware is in the
consciousness of many, thanks to the decades long efforts of many,
not least of which is Richard Stallman, and thus like FLOSS software
and Red Hat, a real possibility for our shared Star Trek future.

As we reach literally into space we shall meet other races,
civilizations, and those who wish to FLOSS it, and those who wish, at
least primarily, to trade it.

What can we trade, galactically?

Mineral resources, natural resources, manufacturing capacity, design
and creativity capacity to some extent.

There can however in this realm be no ultimate utopia - there can be
groups of high-cooperative, high IQ individuals who entangle with one
another in synergistic ways, but there shall always be not so high IQ
individuals, and indeed low IQ individuals, for whom no design can be
idiot proof enough to forestall damage to life, limb and thing.

There literally are different capacities of humans, and only the neo
Marxist "anything I say at any time is now fact" relativists who have
not sufficient IQ to model group or long term outcomes of their
folly.

So, intangle yourself as you so choose.

Folks round here generally have at least sufficient IQ to joust
conversationally - which is a reasonable indicator of possibility or
capacity to take self responsibility (though of course not a
certainty :) .

After a few years I can say with some experience that two high IQ
individuals with even only one low IQ individual, is an exhausting
combination, notwithstnding apparent intention of all three to
cooperate extensively on mutual problem solving and future creation.

Such a ratio (2 to one) is too low for the flourishing of creativity
and manifestation it appears.

Those who can't, ought support, or at least not get in the way, of
those who can. But those who can must strictly ensure they may always
be brought to account, at any time (within reason of course), or
tyranny reins.

Good luck,