Life Extension Research

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Aug 9 05:30:18 PDT 2019

On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 04:28:22PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> On 8/8/19, John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:
> > sci-fi
> > sitting on ass
>
> Point is that sci-fi will always remain sci-fi
> unless people put down the sci-fi book and
> start getting up off their ass to make it happen,
> or at least contribute directly to what they read.
>
> Humans have communication nets, space
> probes, transplant surgery... all because they
> put down that sci-fi book, ignored all the FUD
> bullshit from their fakeass Rulers, and got it done.
>
> Then the next impossible sci-fi book came out,
> and they got that done too.
>
> Now with private cryptocurrencies over
> encrypted overlay networks, you're right,
> people can in fact remain seated on their
> ass and clickfund $10/month to whatever
> [underground] sci-fi projects they read about
> on their [darknet] screens :)

I'd personally only click fund to folks with at least something of a
public presence with which I have at least some familiarity - the
grarpamps, John Youngs, Juans, Dukes and Anglins of the world.

Nothing against anon contributions per se, just want to contribute to
folks who are real to me and who stand in principles - even if not
exactly aligned with my own, but at least overlapping.

> The FUD in schools, government, religion, all
> sorts of other weird control and power structures,
> is a significant unnecessary artificial holdback on
> progress, whether dreamed up in sci-fi or elsewhere.
> And is another topic altogether.

Indeed!