Silicon Valley: Untrusted Computing [re: AMD Intel]

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 01:19:48 PDT 2019

On 8/8/19, Punk <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:
> 	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Platform_Security_Processor
>
> 	see how much information wikipedia-NSA has on amd-NSA? One could make some
> searches using google-NSA for "platform security processor" but I'm not
> bothering.

If anyone thinks that any commercially available CPU
is trustworthy, they are wrong, there is ZERO trust.

Wake On LAN (WoL) should have scared the shit out
of you over 20 years ago...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

#OpenFabs , #OpenHW , #OpenAudits

Until you can walk in anon off the street and satisfy
yourself as to what's in the CPU's you're buying off
the line, you have ZERO reason to trust.
Even your own favorite Government told you that
over 35 years ago...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Computer_System_Evaluation_Criteria
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Criteria
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_computing_base
http://ts.data61.csiro.au/projects/seL4/

But you didn't listen, to that then, to this video
over 12 years ago, or even to Snowden, or all
the CPU exploits recently...

http://archivecaslytosk.onion/Yeymq

https://www.afr.com/p/technology/intel_chips_could_be_nsa_key_to_ymrhS1HS1633gCWKt5tFtI
TG Daily: Secret military history of Silicon Valley gave rise to
modern tech giants
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35695/113/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Blank

Steve Blank - The Secret History of Silicon Valley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFSPHfZQpIQ
Straight from the TOP SECRET NDA NSA man Steve Blank from Pine Gap
(who, curiously, felt compelled to disclaim the talk as opensource
to keep his Govt paycheck)...

Spook Valley - How Stanford & the CIA/NSA Built the Valley We Know
Today, by Steve Blank.

How much does an average Googler know about the history of the place
he/she works in - Silicon Valley? Come and test your knowledge. I
have seen this talk and I assure you - even seasoned Silicon Valley
veterans will find this story interesting. Silicon Valley entrepreneur
Steve Blank will talk about how World War II set the stage for the
creation and explosive growth of Silicon Valley, and the role of
Frederick Terman and Stanford in working with government agencies
(including the CIA and the National Security Agency) to set up
companies in this area that sparked the creation of hundreds of
other enterprises.

Steve Blank spent nearly 30 years as founder and executive of high
tech companies in Silicon Valley, most recently the enterprise
software firm E.piphany. He has been involved in or co-founded eight
Silicon Valley startups, ranging from semiconductors to video games,
and personal computers to supercomputers. He teaches entrepreneurship
at U.C. Berkeley's Haas School of Business, Columbia University and
Stanford's Graduate School of Engineering.

Either start listening and start building and buying trust,
or admit you're fucked (and been fucking owned),
and give Juan a big hammer.