Will De Blasio "tax the hell" out of the super rich"?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Aug 5 20:07:53 PDT 2019

On Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 10:39:27PM -0300, Punk wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 10:55:02 +1000
> Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>

> > It's certainly not a "fundamental human right" to be able to invest
> > in an entity representing a "collection of other humans" and have
> > your liability limited to the amount you invested.
>
> 	limited liability is bullshit, FULL STOP. You pay for all the damage you cause.

Resolution too low, of your assertion "You pay for all the damage you
cause."

So you, Juan, hypothetically have a hardware/ software idea, a crypto
phone let's say - it's simple, it's cheap, it provides end to end
encrypted calls only (not even text messages) and it's uncrackable.
It's an idea at least. You ask me for some dollars to develop this
idea. I provide $100 million USD from my non corporate, common law,
hedge investment trust fund.

Grateful for the investment, you build out some premises, purchase
manufacturing equipment, manufacture the phones and install your
you-beaut uncrackable software on those phones.

You've spent exactly the full invested amount, so next you and your
friends start selling these phones in "freedom loving" France.

Muhammad Ackbarre, a traditional custodian of French values and long
term European citizen of 13 months, purchases three of your phones
and uses them to arrange a successful sniper hit on Macron.

The French people in 'gay Paris', or rather a group of ex-
Gendarmerie, loving their president as they do <ahem>, support a
group action of sorts against you and your friends, one of whom fails
to contain his enthusiasm for naming me, your investor, as the money
bags with money, hoping that the rifle wielding group of Macron
loving score settlers will come after me, the investor.

You say "well, it might not sound fair, but damn, limited liability
is bullshit, full stop - might as well make Zenaan pay for all the
damage he caused by investing with us and causing us to create these
freedom phones".

Sheeple being sheeple, the French sheeple lap up the propaganda of
the ex-Gendarmerie publicity machine and willingly support their
incarceration of me until I pay up their $300 million claim which has
been promised "to the people, for new schools and 'ospitals, oi, and
as always, pensez aux enfants, s'il vous plait!"

Now, in such a laissez faire market without government backed thugs,
how could "limited liability" even be manifested?

Well, thuggery is thuggery, so I guess those with wealth must employ
armed mini militaries to defend their wealth - neo fuedal or some
such.

But I, the archetypical investor who has quite some serious wealth in
the bag, wish to not only protect that wealth, but to expand that
wealth - I didn't get to where I am by NOT thinking about such
things, that's fer surely!

So I run a propaganda train myself in this new Wild West libertarian
world, estolling the virtues of limited liability investment clubs,
because hospitals and schools - please, think of the children!

The public supports this, and proclamations are being twitted left
and right that "the people of this great nation do hereby declare
that we support the right of groups of individuals to manifest a
common law investment entity by public declaration of its name,
intentions, initial capital investment, founders, and rules, and to
be thereby by incorporated, and that such humans as have deposited
money into a public ledger account bearing the name of said entity,
shall be limited in their liability in respect of said entity, to the
amount so deposited and no more."

In joyous abundance and faith, do those nations who embrace the new
reality prosper in their first mover advantage...

> > > 	And yet AP hasn't happened. Maybe your system doesn't work?
> >
> > An idea like that, needs to become viral if it is to become a new
> > dominant societal system. Perhaps AP has a lack of sufficient
> > virality, or perhaps there's a lack of the required infrastructure -
> > non de-anonymizable (i.e. truly anonymous) digital currencies? IDK.
>
> 	The idea that needs to go viral is anarchy, not AP.

Ack. In Englais at least, the word "anarchy" may lack sufficient
virality due to it's abuse via much propaganda effort to associate
the word with "chaos".

Self responsibility needs better packaging for the average sheeple,
since "chaos" does not sound so appealing, and when the first word
heard in relation to the political system known inter alia as
"anarchy" connotes chaos, sheeple instinctively avoid further
consideration of said system.

Psychology/ propaganda/ communication 1-0-1.

> > > 	Right. Meanwhile some people should stop pretending that corporations are not part of the government and FULLY LIABLE for their crimes and the crimes of their partners, the government.
> >
> > I think you missed Bell's point -
>
> 	I beg to fully disagree.
>

> > libertarians don't give up a
> > concept simply because that concept is currently misused,
>
> 	What concept. Privileges? Not libertarian. Limited liability? Not libertarian. Defending big business? Not libertarian.

Limited liability - if I invest even say $1000 into you, that you may
do something "good" in the world, there WILL be others in the world
who try to attack me financially should -your- free software/ libre
hardware etc cause "something bad" to happen in the world.

Sheeple are sheeple for a reason - they have been fed shit, schooled
and not educated.

Why would I invest in you and your inspiration/ idea/ etc, and expose
myself to the cruel mob just waiting to attack me due to my attempt
to assist you?

Seriously, this is the nature of very many humans today - try to help
someone, and they turn around and blame for insufficient help, or
somehow blame you for their own failure despite your help, ANYTHING
but take self responsibility, and our schooling and legal and etc
systems are thoroughly inducing this state of consciousness.

Without handling this state of consciousness, anarchy will, I assert,
rapidly devolve into chaos. I may support anarchy, but I do oppose
chaos, and I refuse to ignore the dominant human psychologies in
existence and of which I have had much bitter experience over the
last few decades...