Amazon Ring Neighbors app sends video to police departments

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Mon Aug 5 14:37:51 PDT 2019

On Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 04:36:20AM +0000, jim bell wrote:
> https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/02/amazon-ring-neighbors-app-sends-video-to-police-departments.html
>
> ---
> SmartNews
> http://bit.ly/smartnews-app

Yeah it's nuts right? I sent something out about this a little while
ago. They give you installation discounts if you agree to send your
camera footage straight to the local cop station.... Jesus fucking
christ, just install the telescreens in our houses already? Trump or
some fascimile can do a reasonable Big Brother I imagine.

--
GPG fingerprint: 17FD 615A D20D AFE8 B3E4  C9D2 E324 20BE D47A 78C7