Apple Card will not allow purchase of cryptocurrencies

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Sat Aug 3 19:11:26 PDT 2019

On August 3, 2019 4:18:59 PM UTC, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Apple Card will not allow purchase of cryptocurrencies
>https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-card-not-allowp

Surprise, surprise heh ;)

The shitty thing, for me, is macOS is actually a pretty
decent UNIX laptop & workstation OS. It sure as fuck is not
all FOSS, but large portions of it are. I don't know why they
invented APFS instead of using ZFS, and I don't like the
tight iCloud integration (which is at least optional),
and lots of other technical quibbles, but basically it's been
a good desktop UNIX over the years. (I don't like iPhones
at all, have always preferred Android device with a custom
ROM - or a cheap burner phone).

However, I'm finally switching to Linux for the laptop
(main desktop switched back to Linux a while ago, and
have used FreeBSD on personal servers for many years).
Most of my time is spent inside of a shell in tmux
anyway!