Will De Blasio "tax the hell" out of the super rich"?

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 20:23:22 PDT 2019

 On Thursday, August 1, 2019, 07:05:17 PM PDT, Punk <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

 On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 23:26:42 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> [enough of  of De Blasio's nonsense]

>    what nonsense are you referring to?
 >   The libertarian analysis here is pretty clear. Tax 'cuts' are actually subsidies for corporations. Those 'tax cuts' are paid by ordinary taxpayers and inflation - inflation being  a general tax that american scum collect from dollar users all over the world - something enabled by the fact that  the dollar is used worlwide because of US military threats and war crimes.

That analysis is certainly not "libertarian", but statist:   It would be held by people who believe that government should exist, that taxes should be collected and spent by governments, not the people who earned the money to pay those taxes.Now, maybe there are indeed people who (falsely) call themselves "libertarians" who believe that way:  A lot has happened in the last 20 years.  But I am confident in calling them "not libertarian" at all.
Traditionally, libertarians say "taxation is theft".  Libertarians, at least the minarchist ones, may believe in a small amount of government, but it is far less than that which currently exists.

 >   Also, the 'super rich' are the number one enemy of freedom, the number one supporters of the state, and the "corp" in "govcorp". The only thing they deserve is death. AP should take care of them ASAP.

Merely having money, a lot of it, does not automatically make anyone 'the enemy'.  Rather, it is how they obtained that money, the influence they exerted, perhaps by and through government, that's the problem.

>> Apparently, it does not occur to De Blasio that if my AP (Assassination Politics,  https://cryptome.org/ap.htm   ) idea were implemented, it would probably only take a cumulative donation of about $1 million to see him "predicted" dead.

>    Why should ppl want to kill him? Or are you saying that the 'super rich' will? I don't know what else de blasio did, but last time I checked free speech is a fundamental personal right. If your system will get ppl killed for their opinions, then your system is...flawed.

Those people who believe "taxation is theft", classic libertarians, certainly wouldn't want a continuation of today's system of taxation theft.   You apparently call what de Blasio is doing "free speech", but when a POLITICIAN speaks like that, and tries to get government to continue to rob people and to even increase that robbery, I call that "theft", or at least "attempted theft".

>> Yes, America certainly has a problem with taxation.  But the main problem is that taxation exists.

>    That's right. Another big problem is that the funds stolen by taxation go FROM the poor to the 'super rich'.

Then THAT is another problem which ought to be solved.  I have the solution.   Government should not be in the "business" of assisting people to collect wealth, but instead by acting in a neutral fashion.

>>And, that government seems to exist to hand out favors to people,

 >   you mean, the corporations de blasio mentioned?

Corporations act in the ways they do because the government allows them to do so.

>>taxing a huge fraction of the GDP, wasting $700 billion + on "defense", which could be provided by 100x less money with an AP-type system.
>>
> >                                 Jim Bell

I notice that you didn't disagree with this part of my analysis.