CNBC: Branson-backed cryptocurrency start-up launches a super-fast exchange to take on Coinbase

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 16:08:16 PDT 2019

 On Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 01:01:03 PM PDT, Punk <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

 On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 13:59:21 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> CNBC: Branson-backed cryptocurrency start-up launches a super-fast exchange to take on Coinbase.
>> https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/30/bitcoin-blockchain-launches-crypto-exchange-to-take-on-coinbase.html

   > government-corporate attacks against bitcoin keep increasing by the day - is that what you're highlighting here Jim?

In part.  The Government (Federal Government of US) basically ignored the idea of digital cash, certainly up to 2008 (prior to Bitcoin) and for years afterwards.  It couldn't avoid paying attention around 2013, when it took down Silk Road (I).  Separately, the IRS apparently decided to treat digital cash differently than (foreign) currencies.
I think it is foolish for those who participate in usage of digital cash (including Darknet Markets) to fail to react to these kinds of government attacks, including gradual control increases.
                Jim Bell