Censorship: Linus Torvalds Comes Out Blatant Censor's Advocate, Anti Privacy/Anonymity

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Thu Apr 11 07:50:37 PDT 2019

On April 8, 2019 7:19:12 PM UTC, Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

>On 4/7/19 4:36 PM, Punk wrote:
>> On Sun, 7 Apr 2019 00:04:22 -0400
>> Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>> A cursory
>>> search did not turn up a link to the text; my copy arrived in hard
>cover
>>> via the Science Fiction Book Club.  Interlibrary loan if all else
>fails...
>>

>> 	try
>>
>> https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/7780471/Brunner__John
>
>Heh.  Should have checked there first.
>
>:o)

I still have a (very) badly worn paperwork that I picked up as a
kid in the 90s at a used book store ;)

Nick Haflinger was (to my mind) never quite as "cool" as Case
or Bobby Quine, but it's a damn good book, way ahead of it's time...
it predates the Gibson stuff by nearly a decade.

I've been re-reading Borges recently. His ruminations on infinity are
an interesting prelude to cyberpunk and modern sci-fi in general.
Gibson rather shamelessly stole "the aleph" (name and all!) from
Borges' short story written in the 30s (or 40s?) for Mona Lisa
Overdrive :)