Spies Dropping Cases over Parallel Construction Warrantless Surveillance

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 00:53:38 PDT 2019

https://reason.com/2019/04/24/the-feds-are-dropping-child-porn-cases-instead-of-revealing-info-on-their-surveillance-systems/
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150408/10242230590/new-documents-show-fbi-instructing-law-enforcement-to-throw-out-cases-rather-than-give-up-info-stingray-use.shtml
https://www.propublica.org/article/prosecutors-dropping-child-porn-charges-after-software-tools-are-questioned

John Adams:
"It is of more importance to the community that innocence should be
protected, than it is, that guilt should be punished; for guilt and
crimes are so frequent in this world, that all of them cannot be
punished....when innocence itself, is brought to the bar and
condemned, especially to die, the subject will exclaim, 'it is
immaterial to me whether I behave well or ill, for virtue itself is no
security.' And if such a sentiment as this were to take hold in the
mind of the subject that would be the end of all security whatsoever"