My second Facebook thoughtcrime in two weeks!

Punk punks at tfwno.gf
Sat Apr 20 18:39:46 PDT 2019

On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 18:11:53 -0400
Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

me: > > 	Then you have rampant censorship at the hands of the asshole users themselves. So the vast majority of groups are heavily censored and just echo chambers.

> Yup.  However, those echo chambers do have their potential uses:  One
> must always preach to the choir, else how will they get on the same page
> and work together effectively at show time?

	Even if the group has a legitimate purpose, censorship is unacceptable. But what commonly happens is that censorship allows assholes to be unaccountable and fraudsters to go unchallenged. And unsurprisinly censorship is one the core 'features' of facebook. People LOVE to block and ban their betters because they know they can't never hope to refute them.

> As an example, The Facebook has enabled me to distribute hundreds of
> copies of this package of documents to receptive readers:
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20190110192354/http://pilobilus.net/strategic_conflict_docs_intro.html
>

> I think that alone makes screwing around with The Facebook a net win.

	Well, I don't think that's sound and complete accounting.

> > 	Then you're running tons of javascript malware, including a keylogger. Because of course the whole point of facebook is to automatically spy on you with milliseconds resolution.
>
> Javascript?  Optional.  Replace the www in any Facebook address with m,
> for the legacy mobile version.  I learned this exists when searching for
> a convenient way to download videos posted directly on The Facebook - in
> the mobile version, just right-click and save-as.  Since then, mobile
> has become my default mode.

	I knew about the 'mobile' mode though it was rather crippled at the time I used it. But if you manage to use facebook without running JS, that's good and congrats.

	Also I assumed that by now that mode didn't exist anymore, or it required JS since 'modern' retard phones happen to have a lot of memory and fast multicore processors...for the very purpose of running JS malware. Funny that the NSA hasn't updated m.facebook.com yet...

> The "fancy" version of The Facebook requires JS from facebook.com and
> fbcdn.com ["facebook content distribution network"].  Block Javascript
> from all other sites while on the facebook.com domain and the thing
> works faster and better, without 3rd party user tracking.

	Yeah well. I don't think there's any 3rd party tracking in facebook. I'd assume facebook.com doesn't serve googletagmanager.com malware.  And in the absurd case that they did, blocking google doesn't solve the problem of running facebook's malware.

> NoScript does
> the deed quite conveniently.  AdBlock plasters over some of the cracks
> that may be left.
>
> Another tracking feature:  Links to posted URLs displayed in The
> Facebook do not point to the targets advertised, but to The Facebook
> itself, with PHP arguments appended; when clicked on, these links result
> in a fast redirect to the target site, with a Facebook tracking code
> appended, again as a PHP string.  As far as I know, nobody has made a
> browser plugin to automagically sanitize this process; but the real link
> does appear in the on-page Facebook link; users can extract the real
> link, to kill that component of Facebook user tracking.

	Even if you copy the link (to then paste it somewhere else without the tracking bit), the right click/menu action may be recorded by the browser. I don't know if they actually do that, but they surely can.

	Piece of shit firefox for instance 'preloads'(follows) links when you just HOVER over them.

> The Facebook's pages load a keylogger?  I would like to hear more about
> that; so far I have seen no evidence of one.

	IIRC when you 'tagged' 'friends', the tags were automatically recognized (or there even was autocomplete?) - Thing is, when you typed a message, there was a piece of code looking for 'friends' names. That means that *every time* a key-press event is triggered, some code runs. In other words, a keylogger. Whether the code saves all the key presses and sends them to the NSA I don't know, but it would be trivial for it to do that.

	I'm not sure if there was some sort of spell checker as well or other similar feature that required key press events to be processed in real time. I think there was but I can't recall the  details.

	Bottom line of course is : once you run malware from something like facebook you can (and should) assume the worst.

> > 	It should also be self-evident that nobody is ever going to be able to use a NSA-govcorp bulletin board to attack NSA-govcorp in any meaningful way. While you managed to inform a dozen people about the real nature of the society they live in, govcorp used facebook to disinform and manipulate 12 million people (or some such ratio between benefits and harm caused).
>
> That strikes me as a case of "making the perfect the enemy of the good."

	So you are saying that facebook is 'good'?  - I could kinda rest my case here =P

>  All the better State sponsored dissident groups do that, both to assert
> their acolytes' moral superiority and to discourage anyone from doing
> anything that might have unwanted real world political impacts.  As I
> said before, "It's a piss poor pitiful anarchist who's too stinkin' good
> to use the State's resources against the interests of the State."

	See my previous message. There may be cases when using the state's infrastructure is expedient but that doesn't mean this necessarily is one of such cases.

> I would stack up the long term social and political impact of the dozen
> or so minds The Facebook may have helped me ruin forever up against any
> 12,000 or so Normal People made more Normal by The Facebook itself, and
> call it a net win.

	Net win measured how? It seems to me it's a 'net win' only if you ignore the huge amount of damage that something like facebook causes.

	Also, when you find people who are not 'normal' do you invite them to some other 'social network' not directly run by the NSA? Because it's a good idea to use facebook to distribute 'red pills', but once people are somewhat better educated, it doesn't make sense for them (and you) to keep using other facebook 'features'.  Using facebook to promote alternative channels is legitimate, but if you are not taking away any users from facebook, then you are feeding fuckerbergs account. Not to mention protecting 'national security'.

> The Facebook enables talent spotters to establish
> one on one comms channels on demand, a resource that presents as an
> exploitable weakness in the opposition's infrastructure.  Anything you
> say can and will be used against you in political warfare, but knowing
> that in advance removes any real hazards.  All of "us" got spotted IRL
> years ago, typically starting with MMPI* tests administered in public
> school.

> "Where have you been?  It's all right, we know where you've been." - The
> Pink Floyd, Welcome To The Machine.
>
> As the global collapse of economic and natural ecosystems continues to
> accelerate, so will public demand for radical solutions.

	There isn't any global collapse of the economic system. What's going on is the **exact opposite**. The global, fascist economic system known as multinational govcorp is getting more automated and totalitarian by the minute (things like facebook playing a central role in the process).

> The networks
> enable exponential propagation of ideas and activities

	What you are saying seems clearly unrealistic. The NSA NETWORKS allow exponential control of ideas and activities. That's what's going on.

	You know, just like you suggested a few times  that I 'might be' helping the enemy, from my point of view that's what you are doing here to some extent by naively assuming you can beat them at their game using their surveillance tools.