Facebook Censorship? I'm banned right now!

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Sun Apr 7 03:52:49 PDT 2019

On April 6, 2019 7:42:45 PM UTC, Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

>On 4/6/19 12:19 PM, jim bell wrote:> Jim Bell's comment:
>>
>> If a well-functioning AP-type system were available, Zuckerberg
>wouldn't even dream of doing this.
>>
>> Mark Zuckerburg wants censorship to protect his business model:
>https://nypost.com/2019/04/05/mark-zuckerburg-wants-censorship-to-protect-his-business-model/
>>

>I just got my first three day suspension from The Facebook, for
>"Bullying and Harassment."  We all know how the internet interprets
>censorship and what it does; here's the offending text:
>
>http://pilobilus.net/My.Thoughtcrime.html
>
>The offending text contains none of the following:  Hate speech,
>disparagement of any person or product, incitement to violence,
>solicitation of crime, commercial content, personal attacks of any
>kind,
>violent or sexual language of any kind.  It was on-topic in the reply
>thread where I posted it.
>
>My thoughtcrime?  I questioned the accuracy of the New Zeland Mosque
>shooter's video, without explicitly describing anything in it.  Then I
>very briefly speculated on the propaganda intent of the video,
>concluding that the two most obvious but seemingly 100% contradictory
>objectives would /both/ serve Corporate State interests by "playing
>both
>ends against the middle."

Careful - after FB gives you three strikes your provider will
automatically downgrade your connection to subsistence
speeds, with total disconnection from the network the
eventual, final punishment ;)

Of course, that's a bullshit scenario, right now, in the USA.
But it's not a terrible stretch of the imagination. If the sheep
can't stay in their lane, they get put down.