Censorship: Linus Torvalds Comes Out Blatant Censor's Advocate, Anti Privacy/Anonymity

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 02:32:30 PDT 2019

https://www.linuxjournal.com/content/25-years-later-interview-linus-torvalds

"Social Media... Add in anonymity, and it's just disgusting. When you
don't even put your real name on your garbage (or the garbage you
share or like), it really doesn't help. I'm actually one of those
people who thinks that anonymity is overrated. Some people confuse
privacy and anonymity and think they go hand in hand, and that
protecting privacy means that you need to protect anonymity. I think
that's wrong. Anonymity is important if you're a whistle-blower, but
if you cannot prove your identity, your crazy rant on some
social-media platform shouldn't be visible, and you shouldn't be able
to share it or like it."