Corrupt governments are inherently inept

Kurt Buff - GSEC, GCIH kurt.buff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 16:12:34 PDT 2019

It's worth keeping in mind Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy:
"In any bureaucratic organization there will be two kinds of people:
those who work to further the actual goals of the organization, and
those who work for the organization itself. Examples in education
would be teachers who work and sacrifice to teach children, vs. union
representatives who work to protect any teacher including the most
incompetent. The Iron law states that in all cases, the second type of
person will always gain control of the organization, and will always
write the rules under which the organization functions."

Kurt