Juice Media: Honest Governments, Access to Your Ass

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Sep 16 20:06:01 PDT 2018

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 10:12:38PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW-OMR-iWOE
>
> https://www.youtube.com/user/thejuicemedia/videos

Juice Media does their brand of comedy well indeed.

One nitpick on this one - the assertion that we have no Federal Bill
of Rights is not only false, but problematic:

 - It's false because, pursuant to the High Court's Mabo (no. 2), the
   Imperial Acts continue to apply in all states of Australia -
   federation created the states, but/and there was a continuance of
   laws and jurisdiction, in particular the ("old") English Imperial
   acts - see for example the post-Mabo "Imperial Acts Application
   Act"s respectively in the various states.

   The Imperial Acts includes

   Bill of Rights 1688 1 Will and Mary sess 2 c 2

   or "The Bill of Rights Act" 1688/ 1689.

   So, we in Australia do have a Bill of Rights, just that not many
   yet know about this.

 - It's a problematic assertion, because it implies that we -should-
   have a federal Bill of Rights - and the problem with a
   parliamentary Bill of Rights is that the parliament controls that
   which it creates.

   The parliament creates statutes ("Acts"), and controls every
   statute that it creates.

   With the "anti terror" legislation already on our books, our
   federal parliament has shown its street cred in the fascist halls
   of shame, like few others in this world (arbitrary indefinite
   detention, etc etc).

Caveat voter.