[lists at puri.sm: [Announce] The Launch of the Librem Key]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Sep 26 18:31:00 PDT 2018

Hopefully FTW.

----- Forwarded message from Purism Announcements <lists at puri.sm> -----

From: Purism Announcements <lists at puri.sm>
To: announce at announce.puri.sm
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 19:58:18 -0400
Subject: [Announce] The Launch of the Librem Key

Purism logo

Dear supporters, we interrupt our regular news broadcast with a special short
edition about a very focused topic: the launch of the Librem Key
<https://puri.sm/products/librem-key/?pk_campaign=2018-09-26-email>.

Librem Key photo

It is the first product of its kind, and it introduces a whole new dimension to
laptop security. The Librem Key is not some ordinary token security key, but a
complete re-imagining of how we secure and verify the data on our laptops with a
simple user experience. Combined with a secure BIOS replacement, you can
instantly know if your laptop has been compromised, with a glance. Our
technology is unique, auditable and powerful, and we hope that you'll be
interested in utilizing the Librem Keys's benefits.

Our Chief Security Officer, Kyle Rankin, wrote an introductory blog post about
the Librem Key <https://puri.sm/posts/introducing-the-librem-key/?pk_campaign=2018-09-26-email>
and an additional blog post to detail how it interacts with "Heads" to provide
tampering detection <https://puri.sm/posts/the-librem-key-makes-tamper-detection-easy/?pk_campaign=2018-09-26-email>.
We hope you'll find this as exciting as we do!

Look forward to our progress updates on seamless integration between the Librem
Key and our various hardware and software products to provide easy-to-use
security within your reach...

Thanking you for your continued support,
— the Purism team (feedback at puri.sm)