latest false flag attack?

Peter Fairbrother peter at tsto.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 23:16:59 PDT 2018

On 23/09/18 04:01, juan wrote:
> [...] Here's what your pal agent fairbigbrother

Eric Blair sometimes called my Dad Fairbigbrother or Bigfairbrother
(they were close friends). :)

I don't think Big Brother was named after him though.

> wrote and you dishonestly ignored as usual :
>
>> Put that another way - *it was rated so that it _would_ collapse after 3
>> (or so) hours of major conflagration*
>
> 	So where's the reference FOR THAT claim.

Actually, I wrote:

begin quote"

WTC was rated for 3 hours major fire resistance.

Put that another way - *it was rated so that it _would_ collapse after 3
(or so) hours of major conflagration*.

It's in the design docs.

"end quote.

Now examining the first part of that, I hope you aren't denying that the
steel columns in WTC1+2 and WTC7 were rated for some degree of fire
protection.

I hope you are not denying that nowadays the required level for a
building that size is 4 hours, as you can find in the original reference:
https://codes.iccsafe.org/public/document/IBC2018.

Good luck, that's a long task I generally leave to others, particularly
lawyers. It's a bit like a law - of course it actually is a law in most
places - this bit refers to that bit, often by number or code or clause,
you have to start by reading the whole thing then focus on the part you
want.

Then I suppose you will have to find the externalities like where the
NYC building codes include the IBC, and whether the Port Authority has
overridden NYC, and so on, in order to complete the path.

I guess somewhere the 1969 versions of these are available, but I feel
no need to look for them.

A simple one-page original authoritative ref? Doesn't exist afaik.

Another thing you will find there is that the rating is for the
resistance of the column and the fire protective material taken
together, rather than for the fire protective material alone.

Alternatively you can find the Standard Test Methods for Fire Tests of
Building Construction and Materials here:
https://www.astm.org/Standards/E119.htm

That the steel columns in WTC1+2 and WTC7 were rated for 3 hours rather
than 4 hours fire resistance, well I don't think it makes much
difference, and I can't be bothered to plough through garbage to perhaps
find anything original when there are so many second-hand ref's.

NIST say it was so. So do almost everybody else. Plus if NIST had been
wrong about that the lawyers would have been all over it like flies. So
it's pretty likely that's true - and as I said it doesn't matter much
whether it's 3 hours or 4 hours.

Now for the second part of what I said: it begins "Put that another way"
- in other words the next part is my rewriting or conclusion, drawn from
"that".

"*it was rated so that it _would_ collapse after 3 (or so) hours of
major conflagration*" is a valid conclusion drawn from the 3 hour fire
protection requirement, as the building would obviously collapse if the
main columns failed; and it was presented as such.

The rating is a minimum rating, and the "(or so)" part was included to
indicate that.

If I misled anyone into believing my conclusion was in the design docs
by the positioning of third part, I apologise. "It's in the design docs"
referred to the requirement, not my conclusion about it.

In my defense, I thought that was obvious. I  didn't believe anyone
would think it referred to my conclusion (I didn't write the design docs
after all) rather than the requirement.

Nor did I think anyone would seriously think the design docs would say
"it _would_ collapse after 3 (or so) hours of major conflagration" ... I
don't imagine anyone in their position would write that, even though it
is true.

-- Peter Fairbrother