ByScience NewsApp: "Government corruption tops 5th annual Chapman University survey of American fears"

Marina Brown catskillmarina at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 05:45:58 PDT 2018

On 10/23/18 12:16 AM, jim bell wrote:
> On Monday, October 22, 2018, 11:08:42 AM PDT, juan
> <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 21:52:44 +0000 (UTC) jim bell
> <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>> NEWS from Science NewsApp
>>
>>> https://phys.org/news/2018-10-corruption-tops-5th-annual-chapman.htm
>>>

>>> "More Americans are afraid than ever,> "1. Corrupt government
>>> officials (73.6 percent)2. Pollution of oceans, rivers and
>>> lakes (61.6 percent)te]
>
>> notice that the objects under 'scientific study' aka american
>> subjects are afraid of 'corrupt' agents, not of government per
>> se. And it would be pretty funny to find out what 'corruption'
>> means to the fine 'scientists' doing the poll.
>

> Well, what we need to do is learn about the methodology of this
> poll.  Did the surveyers merely ask, "What are you most afraid of",
> or did they suggest the subjects:  Was the example "Corrupt
> government employees" provided to them?
>
> Also, I suspect that a lot of the results of this survey reflect,
> more or less, the product of the news media's commentary over the
> last few years.  The news media, most of them anyway, loved Obama,
> and many of them currently hate Trump.  That position has
> presumably rubbed off onto the public. And, I suspect that "corrupt
> government" is often, even usually defined as "government
> controlled by people that I don't want to see control it".   That
> may indeed be "corrupt", but perhaps they have no problem with
> "corruption" if done by the people they WANT to see in control of
> government.

In the US that is probably true.

Note - i dislike ALL of these candidates and presidents but here is my
rundown on corruption of the last few presidents.

Nixon - moderately corrupt but he got caught
Carter - not very corrupt. The thing with his brother being the touch
of
   corruption.
Reagan - moderately corrupt
Ford - not effective enough to be corrupt
Bush I - moderately corrupt
Clinton - heavy corruption
Bush II - more corrupt that Bush I
Obama - not very corrupt but very authoritarian
   He did eventually get rid of Hillary
Trump - heavilly corrupt businessman

Hillary - probably more corrupt than Bill

> Jim Bell

Lets look at this with real events and try to figure it out.

Where i live out in the sticks of the Northeast it is pretty
corrupt. A town clerk actually pocketed over a million dollars
of tax payments in a small town. ...And so far she has gotten
away with it.

- --- Marina