Largest indicator of an invalid investigation

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Oct 8 14:34:55 PDT 2018

Some folks are still using Windows? Wow, it's $CURRENT_YEAR already!

I guess a boycott could be useful for those who haven't yet learned
of FLOSS options - but that personal touch is what most Joes need -
backing up their holiday snaps and installing a BSD or Linux with
XFCE and an OSX style dock, printer drivers, VLC, LibreOffice and
Firefox and/ or Chrome, and making sure they log in a couple times
... works always.

  “My computer's been so quick since you reinstalled.”

  “I never get those bloody popups any more, thank you so much!”

  “This is how Windows used to be, it's so much better.”

Nothin' quite like happy customers^Bfriends over a hard cup o' coffee.

Here's the inside secret:

 Most folks have very simple needs - email (via browser), Youtube/
 Facebook (via browser), watching movies (VLC) and the occasional
 letter (LibreOffice) although even this is pretty rare these days as
 email covers most "official" communication needs these days.

 It's only those with more advanced needs such as remote office vpn
 or specific proprietary software which might require some
 installation and setup which they really need help for - e.g.
 installing VirtualBox or configuring OpenVPN - but even most of
 these folk can be relatively comfortably removed from WinBlow$ with
 a little help and encouragement.

About the only folk who can't get off Windows are the hard core high
end gamers, for almost everything else, there's FLOSS.

Live the dream already! Most folk round these parts have been doing
so for many years, often times decades.

What are you waiting for?  Seriously, being on Windows is just
begging for continued spyware monitoring of your every keystroke - if
you want to be even a remotely successful "freedom fighter" you
certainly cannot use any mainstream OS.

(PS: remember, any spyware worth it's salt will install and operate
     well below "safe mode".)