editorconfig.org - 927 configuration standards rolled into one - was Re: elastic tabstops

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Oct 29 02:56:54 PDT 2018

There is a new standard to solve the "multitude of existing
standards" standard problem :)
:

  https://editorconfig.org/

Oblig. XKCD: https://xkcd.com/927/
  https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/927:_Standards

Obligatory superiority sneer against all new standards aside, THIS
new "editor config" standard appears to be one of the better
standards, and possibly the ideal place to encourage "elastic tabs".

Certainly given the dominance of Git in the DVCS world, this standard
has a fine chance of becoming similarly dominant in the editor world.

Enjoy,