Project Zero, *box, Unix, Licenses

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:34:05 PDT 2018

On 10/15/18, Ryan Carboni <ryacko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Many Zerodium prices have increased by ten thousand last month.
> Decrementing public Project Zero bug index IDs reveals that for this year,
> there has been an average of ten bugs per month.
>
> Project Zero has revealed itself. The price for hacking should be $100,000
> for servers, and $10,000 for SOHO.

Even at $1k each, would need a much bigger pot
to find all the bugs. Automation is helping a lot.

> Although I have only one complaint: Project Zero hasn’t examined busybox or
> toybox, as far as I can tell.

Or the crunchgen (ie: /rescue, etc) system of at least FreeBSD,
which is full, unlike busybox / toybox somewhat reduced
functionality versions, and implemented before busybox
first release.

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=crunchgen

https://cvsweb.openbsd.org/src/share/misc/license.template?rev=HEAD
https://landley.net/toybox/license.html