The best defense is a good offense. Was: Re: Silk Road gossip

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 13:07:11 PDT 2018

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 21:02:50 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Fortunately, the advent of the Ethereum/Augur prediction system would likely allow this kind of protection system to be implemented in the relatively near future.

> They need to change their policies a bit, allowing the rewarding of very specific 'predictors', and also implement guaranteed crypto-secured anonymity for awards,

	It seems to me that anonymous communications is a building block that is still missing.

	Now, Chaum has a new cryptocoin :

	https://elixxir.io/

	I don't know how good it is, or if it's even working (seems not), but if you take a look at their 'technical brief' you'll see they use a mixnet. My half educated guess is that only high latency mixnets may provide good enough anonimity.

	So, I was wondering, maybe it would make sense to get some bitcoin millonaire to fund some sort of mixnet? Such a project seems like a good fit for somebody like Roger Ver? What do you think Jim? Maybe you could sell the idea to him?