of elephants and men, and scumbags

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Nov 22 01:16:50 PST 2018

On 2018-11-22 18:11, juan wrote:
> 	One day a week of slavery? cool.

Way better than today's slavery.

>> The
>> ancient regime did not and could not send a generation off to Russia to die.

> 	oh, I'm sure there were no wars in the roman empire, in feudal europe and in monarchist europe

No wars fought by conscript troops, nor any wars with the horrifying
casualty rates typical of modern wars fought with expendable conscript
troops.

>>> 	except hyperinflation in france existed in the 18th century (that is almost 100 years before the revolution)

>> There was the important difference that though John Law could inflate
>> away the paper money in your pocket, he did not and could not try to
>> force bakers to supply bread for worthless money, unlike Venezuela today
>> and unlike Revolutionary France.

> 	what the fuck are you talking about.

In Venezuela, and in Revolutionary France, the government enforces
official maximum prices.

When goods are not available at these prices, which they never are, the
government proceeds to punish whosoever formerly produced goods.

As a result, people went hungry in revolutionary France, and are going
hungry in Venezuela.