1. Freedom Makes People Smarter - homeschooling

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 00:39:03 PDT 2018

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 16:48:08 -0400
Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

> On 11/1/18 5:17 PM, juan wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 22:42:17 +1100
> > Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Stating the obvious dept, using for those stucked in the oblivious
> >> dept.
> >
> >> 6 Reasons to Start Homeschooling ASAP
> >> https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-31/6-reasons-start-homeschooling-asap
> >>

> > 	yeah you can teach the children about the virtues of trump and putin and how amazing white supremacists are. Even more important, you can mentally rape them with your christiano fascist propaganda from the craddle.
> >

> vs. point out to them where the curriculum veers off into popular
> misconceptions and/or propaganda messaging, and provide access to
> supplemental information where and as indicated.
>
> "Brick and mortar" school teaches three lessons of great importance:
>
> 1)  Show up on time every day whether you want to or not.
>
> 2)  Do your assigned tasks as directed whether you want to or not.
>
> 3)  The people in charge always have all the final answers.

	Indeed. Govt schools teach 1) obedience 2) obedience and 3) obedience.

	Just in case, I didn't mean to badmouth homeschooling, at least not if compared to govt schooling. Rather I was commenting on Zen's contradiction of promoting things like homeschooling on one hand and  highly anti libertarian garbage on the other.

	Government indoctrination camps or 'schools'  are no doubt an unmitigated disaster and arguably the consequences  and damage caused by massive indoctrination during the 20th century are still playing out.

	That said, 'schooling' by asshole parents is as bad as government schooling and government schooling is just an extension and 'standarization' of patenal 'authority'.

> More recently, drugging noncompliant students has joined the mix of
> strategies

	That's where Huxley got his idea for soma? Oh wait.

> "But what about socialization?"  What indeed - see above for the kind of
> socialization public schools provide.  It took 40 years to build a
> climate of fear sufficient to support literally outlawing normal,
> organic socialization, i.e. letting your kids run around with the
> neighbor kids.

	Yep.