Assange Journalism

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Mon Nov 26 19:44:43 PST 2018

On 11/26/2018 08:27 PM, juan wrote:

>>> 	he gave copies to different journos apart from greenwald I believe?
>>
>> If so, neither he nor anyone else has ever said so.  The Snowden Saga,
>> if at all factual, leaves no room for that to have happened.
>

> 	hm I must be misremembering. - I'll search for the 'official story' later.

I also recall reading that. But then, maybe he gave them copies, but not
decryption keys. Or maybe he used nested encryption, and only provided
keys to subsets. Maybe just samples.

>>> 	played how? snowden constantly parrots that journos have the divine right to filter whatever information reaches the serfs.

It's pretty clear that loved America, and saw himself as serving true
"American" values. That's clear in chat logs from when he worked for the
CIA in Geneva. He's a fucking Boy Scout ;)

<SNIP>