BBC News: NovaSAR: UK radar satellite returns first images

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 14:16:06 PST 2018

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45523677
https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/spaceimages/details.php?id=PIA01721
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/226843737_Continuing_inflation_at_Three_Sisters_volcanic_center_central_Oregon_Cascade_Range_USA_from_GPS_leveling_and_InSAR_observations

> This particular satellite is said to have a resolution of 6 meters.

Nobody is going to waste their money launching a pathetic 6m toy
that doesn't even match 1990s - 2001 tech. Today's rigs could surely
be expected at 60cm to commercial NDA customers, and maybe even
at 6cm to their UK MOD government bosses that OP article clearly
states paid £21M for spy surveillance and control rights just
to "see its offerings".

Probably an inside joke on 21M BTC as well.
Though it will probably be Cryptocurrency and
even Metals that get the last laugh.
Consider that Cryptocurrency AnCap's have and will have
enough resources to launch their own satellites soon.

Keep in mind this was the "low cost" public facade version of
greater Beasts A Marking already been launched before,
and more to come...

"We've done lots of work on the next generation. NovaSAR is just the
first in a family of instruments that will offer different
capabilities, such as finer resolutions and other parameters; and we
will be putting those capabilities on smaller spacecraft than
NovaSAR."
The satellite, as *presently* configured, will operate in the S-band
(3.2 gigahertz), giving a best resolution of 6m with a swath width of
15-20km. Future variants will go to the higher-frequency X-band and
sense features on the ground as small as a metre across, *and less*.

And that the article comes from the BBC, which is solely
licensed and permitted to run at the whim and criminal
tax of the self perpetuating UK Government...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC

The first free live public broadcast from Marconi took place in June
1920, this public enthusiasm was not shared in official circles where
such broadcasts were held to interfere with important military
communications. Pressure from these quarters was sufficient to lead to
a ban on further free Marconi broadcasts.

The cost of a television licence is set by the government and enforced
by the criminal law. Thus, the BBC is a major prosecuting authority in
England and Wales and an investigating authority in the UK as a whole.
The BBC carries out surveillance (mostly using subcontractors) on
properties (under the auspices of the RIPA Regulation of Investigatory
Powers Act 2000) and may conduct searches of a property using a search
warrant.

To this day, the BBC aims to follow the directive to "inform, educate
and entertain" the Sheeple, aka "propaganda, program and distract"

"Auntie Imperial" is right.

> Can't imagine "anti-freedom" applications for SAR...

> designers specifically want to see if it can help monitor shipping activity.
> the data it provides can help crack problems from illegal shipping

aka: Free Markets and Free Payments amongst peoples of humanity

> much smaller pleasure craft. We can certainly see that they are there. One of the main objectives of NovSAR will be maritime surveillance

Of course... with private and charter craft being the only
remaining cheap and easy way for free peoples to travel
speak and live freely together across broad waters without
being tracked, and then censored via torpedo to swim with
the fishes.

> "It is important to be able to monitor large areas of the ocean - something we don't do at the moment. We all saw with the Malaysian airline crash in the Indian Ocean the difficulty there was in monitoring that vast area. We can do that kind of thing with radar and NovaSAR is good for that,"

Won't someone please think of the children.

They trot that shit out everywhere they can,
even for a simple fucking satellite.

The drugs, terrorists, crime...
FHOTI -- Tim May

> Known as S1-4, this optical spacecraft will discern objects on the ground as small as 87cm across

Trouble always comes in twos.

Here's a link mentioning a bit more about the UK's purposes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntkYbnokARA