BBC News: NovaSAR: UK radar satellite returns first images

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 12:39:39 PST 2018

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 19:58:32 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  On Saturday, November 24, 2018, 10:51:29 AM PST, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>  On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 18:00:23 +0000 (UTC)
> jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> NovaSAR:. First all-UK SAR (synthetic aperture radar) satellite sends back images.
>

>  >   amazing new tool for the complete enslavement of the human race, thanks to western fascist 'science'
>
> >   I guess that kind of news is rather important for cypherpunks because of the "know your enemy" principle.
>

> Before you spout your paranoia,

	wow - very disappointing. You might want to think before displaying such a kneejerk reaction when confronted with reality.

> you should be aware that SAR has been used since the 1960's,

	so? I didn't make a comment on any specific date. "new tool" was sarcasm referring to the fact that when advertising garbage, it's usually described as "new and improved".

> We can try to imagine how SAR can be used for "the complete enslavement of the human race", but nevertheless I don't see very much, even when I turn my "paranoid-mode" dial up to "11".

	wow - you are trying to mock your betters and only mocking yourself =) - The phenomenom is known as "involuntary self parody".

> This particular satellite is said to have a resolution of 6 meters.  It's hard for me to imagine how being able to detect voxels (3-D pixels)  of 6 meter on a side, from space, could enable "the complete enslavement of the human race".

	your lack of imagination isn't an argument though. It's more like the "argumentum ad ignoramtiam" fallacy.

	you might want to consider that the resolution will be improved, for starters.

> It can detect buried artillery emplacements, such as those of North Korea,

	LMAO at the right wing war propaganda.

> It can be used to detect bulging of a few inches height,

	I thought you said the resolution was 6 meters?

> I don't claim (and it would be foolish to claim) that there are no "anti-freedom" applications for SAR.  But I cannot imagine many of those, compared to the others.

	In other words, you completely miss the point? Now, let's ignore reality and follow the bullshit 'progressive' propaganda about how amazing 'technology' is. WHY should crypto anarchists care about it?

	What kind of anarchist or libertarian gives a fuck about the 'applications' you listed?