of elephants and men, and scumbags

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 19:41:19 PST 2018

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 21:51:38 -0500
Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

> The X axis represents distribution of Private power into fewer hands
> (Capitalism) or more hands (Free Enterprise).  The Y axis represents
> distribution of State power into fewer hands (Authoritarian) or more
> hands (Anarchist).  I do not label the quadrants, leaving that as an
> exercise.  Examining various "ideologies" in the context of this graph
> provides a bit of potentially educational fun.  Which quadrant would you
> rather live in, and why?
>
> In this example I place the Right and Left on the graph:
>
> http://pilobilus.net/Political.Oritnetation.Grid.png

	I don't think the 2d graph adds much. The assumption that 'economic' freedom and 'personal' freedom are different things is obviously flawed. Also, the assumption that 'conservatives' favor 'eonomic' freedom whereas 'modern' 'liberals' favor 'personal' freedom is flawed as well. In practice both 'conservatives' and 'liberal' are...fascists =)

	Nolan came up with his chart because libertarianism doesn't fit the mainstream left/right classification, BUT the notion that mainstream left and right are half libertarian is complete bullshit, wishful thinking and dishonest pandering. In practice, both liberals and conservatives pay some *lip service* to 'personal' or 'eonomic' freedom while fully supporting fascism.

	Anyway, we can simply have a line (or segment I guess) with anarchists on one end and authoritarians on the other end. And then we can classify the whole library accordingly.

	As to the placement of left and right in your graph, seems to me that both left and right should be at the top since both are authoritarian. And none of them favor free enterprise either...