Quantum radar?

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat May 12 15:42:55 PDT 2018

On 5/13/2018 1:42 AM, Steven Schear wrote:
> Even if not, well designed (UWB) passive/multiphasic will.
>
> On Sat, May 12, 2018, 1:32 AM jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com
> <mailto:jdb10987 at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     Quantum Radars Could Unstealth the F-22, F-35 and J-20 (Or Not)
>     https://www.yahoo.com/newsroom/vibes/us-military/v-6f4ee341-6205-3949-8a2e-43a9c5d8ab6f_c-5701a826-de83-3a65-8dc8-71d0bdb067c5_a-5701a826-de83-3a65-8dc8-71d0bdb067c5

This technology has been known in principle for forty years, though at
the time it did not occur to me it would be useful in actual practice.
It seemed like a purely theoretical thought experiment.

If you paint your aircraft with radar absorbing paint, then to radar in
the quantum domain, it is as if it was painted day glow orange.

Stealth will also show up to multiphasic radar with widely separated
transmitters and receivers, which is what the Russians are doing, or
hope to do.

The best tactic would be to combine both methods, with a long fibre
optic cable transmitting entangled photons between widely separated
transmitter and receiver stations.  I strongly suspect the chinese are
planning to combine both methods, connecting radar stations between
their artificial islands, in which case stealth will cease to work near
china and near the south china sea.