RightsCon 2018: Live Activism and Pursuance Project Panels w/ Brown Drake Jonsdottir et al - via Access Now

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed May 16 13:57:20 PDT 2018

Pursuance
Democracy bites back

Activists, journalists, and nonprofits of the world -- unite!

Here is the URL to our panel's livestream, which is live now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAe-PeEgv8w

In general you can find our livestreams at
https://www.youtube.com/c/PursuanceProject

Our Tech Lead, Steve Phillips, is giving a talk that we're also
livestreaming at youtube.com/c/PursuanceProject , at 2:15pm PT /
5:15pm ET today as well!

The Background: We're at RightsCon!

RightsCon is an international tech and human rights conference,
organized by the digital rights NGO Access Now.  RightsCon 2018 will
take place May 16-18 in Toronto, Canada.

Members of the Pursuance team have been invited to speak at not one,
but two sessions!  Technical lead and project manager Steve Phillips
will be presenting a live demo of the Pursuance platform, and Barrett
Brown will speak as part of a truly all-star panel covering lessons
learned from past activism, plus their visions for 21st century
activism.  The other panelists include Naomi Colvin (Courage
Foundation), Birgitta Jónsdóttir (poetician, spokesperson for the
International Modern Media Institute (IMMI), and prominent member of
the Pirate Party in Iceland), Jesselyn Radack (whistleblower, attorney
representing many whistleblowers, and heads the Whistleblower and
Source Protection Program (WHISPeR) at ExposeFacts), Diani Barreto
(journalist and researcher on whistleblowing at ExposeFacts and
Courage Foundation), and Thomas Drake (NSA whistleblower).

Here is the URL to our livestream, which is live now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAe-PeEgv8w

In general you can find our livestreams at
https://www.youtube.com/c/PursuanceProject

We'll keep you updated on Pursuance's developments and the team's
activities in the coming weeks and months.  Thanks again for your
support!

Sincerely,

The Pursuance Team