Fwd: [tor-relays] Secret Google and Microsoft Blacklists affecting non tor IPs if on same server.

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue May 8 19:20:14 PDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: gustavo <gfa at zumbi.xyz>
Date: Tue, May 8, 2018 at 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: [tor-relays] Secret Google and Microsoft Blacklists
affecting non tor IPs if on same server.
To: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org

On Wed, May 09, 2018 at 01:04:35AM +0100, gerard at bulger.co.uk wrote:

> I just seen that my abuse email address gets a shower of abuse reports when I send an email to this tor-relays at lists.torproject.org <mailto:tor-relays at lists.torproject.org>

most mailing lists break spf, they send email on your behalf
from an ip that is not in your spf record

most mailing lists break dkim because they modify headers, therefore the
DKIM-Signature, even the list may add a signature on top of yours

ARC helps with that, i dunno if mailman supports it

> The forwarded emails do not come from me so fails DKIM/DMARC

when A forwards to B C's email, the from is rewriten to match A, email
lists "forward" emails but keep the From intact

MAC addresses are local to your network segment (your provider
datacenter) there is no way google knows them.

are you sure tor and your smtp aren't using the same IPv6
address/ranges?

> I don't think its you Tor node - it just google. I note that your DMARC, SPF, etc are set and valid. You mail server is not an open relay. I maintain a few mail servers and run into these types of problems. There is no real reason for them. Microsoft is the worst - no logic what so ever.

+1

since this is already off-topic for -relays, i want to spam about an email
privacy project: https://autocrypt.org/

--
IRC: gfa
GPG: 0X44BB1BA79F6C6333