From sand to silicon chips, openly

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Mar 27 15:02:54 PDT 2018

On 3/28/2018 4:43 AM, juan wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 00:09:00 +0000
> Steven Schear <schear.steve at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Its one thing to have open CPUs but what about the rest of the
>> hardware you need to build actual products? The best answers today
>> are probably only be found in Shenzhen.
>>

>        > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SGJ5cZnoodY
>
> Some interesting, anti IP thoughts in there. ^^^^^
>
> here's more stuff from bunnie huang more
>
> ed2k://|file|The%20Hardware%20Hacker_%20Adventures%20in%20Making%20and%20Breaking%20Hardware%20-%20Andrew%20_bunnie_%20Huang%20(No%20Starch%20Press;2017;9781593277581;eng).pdf|31906259|1ADD4CA296098F73CB070E31FA2FB863|/

A short time ago, China was well behind us in computer hardware, and was
cloning and copying by rote.  Lots of people predicted that as they
caught up with us, their rate of progress would slow down, that they
would always be one step behind.

China is now nine months ahead of us in computer hardware, and the gap
is growing.

Notice that everyone can name the Soviet and US spy agencies, but no one
can name the Chinese agencies, not even members of the Chinese spy
agencies, which have far too many names, and no name at all.

Some of the US aligned deep state agencies, the five eyes, have come to
be entirely dominated by the US.  The Canadian spy agencies appear to be
completely dominated by the US agencies, though as US power declines, we
could see something dramatic happen - or more likely something dramatic
will silently happen, and it will be hidden from us, until we notice
that US State Department organized protests, like the children's crusade
against guns, are no longer echoed in Canada.

The Australian deep state appears to be hedging its bets.  From time to
time it does things that make the Blue Empire very unhappy. It is
currently in a state of grave conflict with the Chinese spy apparatus,
but is keeping its options open for a re-alignment from the US to China,
having both friendly and unfriendly contact with the quietly tolerated
Chinese spy apparatus in Australia.  Australia has a cadre of diplomats
that are owned by the US blue state, plus some diplomats that owned by
the Australian deep state, the Australian branch of the five eyes,
resulting frequent conflict within Australia's diplomatic apparatus.