Flaws in AMD CPUs.

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 16:34:00 PDT 2018

On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 09:10:36 +1000
jamesd at echeque.com wrote:

> > 	Point being, it seems hard, even for the chinese govt, to
> > know for sure that the system isn't backdoored by many of the
> > 	western scum 'players' in the 'industry'.
>
> Again, Orange Pi is all Chinese manufacture, plus western open source.
>
> Hence I would expect all Chinese backdoors.

  OK, I'll assume at least it's better than the  broadcom/raspberry
  stuff.

> Speculative execution puts smarts on the chip that really belong in
> the compiler.  It is a bad design choice, the wrong way to do things,
> that was probably implemented to keep information in house, that they
> did not want to put into an open source compiler under the GNU
> license.

	Yeah put some optimizations on the chip, so as to pretend that
	chip designers are creating 'value' and charge for it. Makes
	sense. From the point of view of corporate thieves.

	Regardless, as far as I understand it, the problem is not
	speculative execution per se, but  shitty implementations
	that don't take security into account. Because the engineers
	responsible for them are incompetent or/and corrupt.