Attn: Image Posting...

g2s g2s at riseup.net
Thu Mar 15 14:50:44 PDT 2018

-------- Original message --------From: Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> Date: 3/15/18  2:20 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: cypherpunks at lists.cpunks.org Subject: Re: Attn: Image Posting...
On 03/15/2018 01:04 PM, Georgi Guninski wrote:

> Put the image on some free service and give link to it unless you
> desperately want punky mirror of the image.

Wanna make /everybody/ happy?  Impossible, but this comes close:

Mirror the image on archive.org.

1)  Put your image - any size - on any web server.

2)  Go to archive.org, and enter its URL in the Wayback Machine.

3)  Click the link provided to /add/ your image to the Archive.

4)  Copy the resulting URL and viola, durable offsite hosting.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180315211057/http://pilobilus.net/Fat.Freddy.Sez.jpg

To prevent the resulting longish URL from 'breaking' when wrapped,
clearsigned, quoted, etc. (and annoy one or two list subscribers)
shorten the URL:

https://tinyurl.com/y8vscppm

Include a hash for your image in your clearsigned post and viola,
authentication / non-repudiation and two defensible 3rd party time
stamps (list server, archive.org) in one compact package.  Example:

SHA256:
6456d5de64fb828d215cdcc6976d0d85fb95501fcc21444488519461ce98d5cc

:o)

Simply? Too much work given the general level of discourse here. If this was a... snigger... respectable list.... Not something more akin to 4chan, I'd  do that if it seemed the list norm. This list isn't norm. Norm's not here. 🤣
Rr, waiting for someone to complain about the emoticon...