Flaws in AMD CPUs.

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 15:07:48 PDT 2018

On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 07:48:06 +1000
jamesd at echeque.com wrote:

> On 3/23/2018 2:00 AM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 09:24:24PM +1000, jamesd at echeque.com wrote:
> >> The original CPU design was purchased from the US, but a variety
> >> of chip makers have been improving on the design in a variety of
> >> ways, so it is not US cloned, but is US descended - rather
> >> distantly descended by now.
> >
> > according to the interwebz, your system is ARM based and in
> > addition ARM is vulnerable to spectre. how many vulnerabilities
> > like spectre affect the "US design"?
> >

> The Orange Pi Cpu does not do speculative execution, therefore is not
> vulnerable to spectre.

	I think some ARM processors do? Not sure if the arm core that
	allwinner chip uses does though. Anyway, the SoC probably uses
	so called 'intellectual property' from different designers
	including americunt ones. And there are other components on the
	board of course.

	Point being, it seems hard, even for the chinese govt, to know
	for sure that the system isn't backdoored by many of the
	western scum 'players' in the 'industry'.