Cryptocurrency: Bad Crypto Podcast, Blockchain Central Banks

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 13:41:18 PDT 2018

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 20:21:10 +0000
Steven Schear <schear.steve at gmail.com> wrote:

> > https://cryptocurrencynews.com/daily-news/blockchain/jihan-wu-fund-blockchain-central-banks/
> >

> >         Not sure if grarpamp posted that link, but anyway I wonder
> > what he thinks about it.
> >
> >         wu is the monopolist, IP mafiosos producer of mining asics
> > for bitcoin. He's one of the persons behind the bitcoin cash fork.
> >

> BCash and its Bitcoin Unlimited ilk are doing the cryptocurrency
> community a great service by researching and developing proposed
> on-chain scaling solutions,

	of course it's fine for them to compete with bitcoin and find
	out how on chain scaling works.

> which are surely more reliable, than the
> current crop of off-chain solutions

	but transactions on the bitcoin blockchain aren't exactly good
	for privacy. On the other hand, *IF* the lightning network works
	as advertised, with true p2p transactions, onion routing and
	whatnot then privacy would hopefully improve.

> (eventually off-chain is probably
> the only viable solution to high-volume, low-cost, cryptocurrency
> transactions).

	sp there isn't a clear answer as to what to do now, because if
	'2nd layers' are needed in the long run, then starting to test
	them and use them now wouldn't be a bad idea.

	for the record(again) I don't trust either of the camps. Both
	make some good and some bad points.