[Cryptography] Blockchain currencies: The Death of 1000 Cuts

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 23:21:31 PDT 2018

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 5:36 PM, Bill Frantz <frantz at pwpconsult.com> wrote:
> [Note to moderators. I think the ship has sailed on the label used for these
> currencies and this list may be the only holdout. I have avoided the
> objectionable term in my writing, but am using it in the writing of others
> that I quote so my quotes will be accurate.]

The context should prevail over whim of
moderator censorship...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pksx_IAHDE

Call cryptocurrency 'crypto' if you want,
the context further define things well enough.

> The IRS decision to tax blockchain currency gains, along with the following
> stories from SANS NewsBites Vol. 20 Num. 022 seem to indicate a policy of
> killing them with the death of 1000 cuts.

Ten year anniversary of 1000's of cuts and 100's
of deaths... nine months away... still going...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hlN2nel5HI

Those who fail to recognize, adopt, support,
and take part in some of the philosophical,
political, financial, technical, etc promises...
will be left behind like the old horse and buggy.

The people who either don't get it, or continually try
[politically] dissing it down with moot arguments and FUD...
a list supposedly aware of crypto, even as munitions
for change, where Satoshi himself first posted such a
thing as game changing as "Bitcoin" here...
time to free your minds a bit [again].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQGQXy0RIIo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-NwFOAS0ZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRqgrCrzTJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dla42bY7k90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZYZoQQ6LJQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPaZPuTSi68

Cryptocurrency all over CNBC, its music videos on late
night talk shows, some say crazy... others interpret
it all as evidence of growing mass social acceptance
and integration of the underlying elements of what they
speak about. That's a powerful change, just getting
started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6iDZspbRMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsjZ2r9Ygzw

Cryptocurrency and blockchain are now raising up such
a storm of controversy and proving unstoppable in their own
takeover of the world, disruptive and forceful as they may or
may not necessarily be, precisely because there are a
lot of old horses long overdue for extinction.

Bitcoin youtube results... 5.6M

If anyone thinks cryptocurrencies, crypto, blockchain, and
such things as applied... are going away... they're insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ0YMSLZjfQ

Some say the below are but two examples of non-free
markets propped up by threat of physical force for the
benefit of legacy institutions, powers, players, etc...