Bum who snitched off Chelsea Manning dead at 37.

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sat Mar 17 08:30:12 PDT 2018

A military intelligence officer, Timothy Webster, confidant of Lamo,
insisted Manning be reported. Both Webster and Lamo (an ex-con)
feared being charged with aiding Manning, facing greater punishment
than Manning due to each's having a hammer overhead.

Manning made a bad choice in who to trust -- WikiLeaks hardly better
than Lamo and Webster in protecting its own interest. Asymmetry in
leaking -- leaker held hostage, a la Edward Snowden, loses to
privileged publisher -- is the Catch 22. And why so many hackers (and
leakers) cut deals with authorities to snitch. Not unlike some here
and the White House who flog for Putin-grade authoritarianism.

Leakers are not to be trusted any more than hackers, so many are
plants, ego-driven, unscrupulous. Silence is golden when monetized
free speech, freedom of the press, legal representation, have become
entrapment.