Jordan Peterson to men: “Grow the hell up!” [Howto pummel PC'edness]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Jun 11 18:55:03 PDT 2018

Notwithstanding the great steps forwards in public debate, and
against Politically Correct speech and SJW Marxist madness
spearheaded so well by Jordan Peterson, he "deplatformed" Faith Goldy
from his post-Charlestown “free speech” talk, which as of last week
he is still defending, albeit with a “we [referring to he and those
on the discussion panel at issue] were damned either which way”.

Mr Peterson ought know better than most that in principle, one ought
be "damned" for holding true to your principles — the damn principles
that Peterson himself apparently espouses no less — than for giving
in in this way.

The argument
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8zLcMGCedA
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmab5olDcQs
 https://godialy.com/phim/tyGMuYMXht0/jordan-peterson-on-de-platforming-faith-goldy
 https://www.reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/7cqkd3/jordan_peterson_squirms_when_asked_why_he_kicked/
 http://nicemangos.blogspot.com/2017/11/free-speech-activists-deplatform.html

is razer thin, and cuts no mustard compared to his usual sane stance
that "those on the left -and- on the right ought be allowed to speak,
so that onlookers can see for themselves if what they are saying is
kookery or otherwise" (paraphrased).

Deplatforming directly undermines this basic principle.

Note: Peterson claims in one of his 'tubes that Goldy "failed to ask
sufficiently challenging questions" of the alt-right personality "she
was interviewing".

In fact, she was herself being interviewed, so Peterson also got his
facts wrong, or in his own words "failed to present the other persons
argument even better than they did".

https://www.politicalirish.com/threads/faith-goldy-answers-back-jordan-b-peterson-and-gad-sadd.24440/

Peterson has begun to walk back his position in a sense:

  "I didn't say we were correct, during the discussion re our
  reasoning. I just explained the reasoning"
  https://mobile.twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/930655791907987456

which again highlights his capacity for extreme precision, rather
than any ability to recognise a mistake or hypocrisy within himself,
BUT,

gives me hope that he may yet, one day, realise that his decision re
Faith Goldy was the greater of "the evils" and not the lesser.

Free speech is not negotiable.

Cuck on free speech, as JP did re Faith Goldy, and you compromise one
of the very (supposed) foundations of the West, which the West is
doing an absolutely appalling job upholding on so many fronts it is
embassing in the extreme and fundamentally despotic bullying.

Create your world,