How tech's richest plan to save themselves after the apocalypse

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Thu Jul 26 19:58:31 PDT 2018

On 07/26/2018 09:54 PM, Steven Schear wrote:
> Silicon Valley’s elite are hatching plans to escape disaster – and when
> it comes, they’ll leave the rest of us behind
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jul/23/tech-industry-wealth-futurism-transhumanism-singularity

vs. Silicon Valley's elite indulging in elaborate delusional fantasies
sold to them by clever promoters:  Custom tailored to reassure them that
"too much is never enough, me first and to hell with the rest of you"
will not have terminal consequences for themselves and their chosen
playmates.

"Mein Furh---! um, Mr. President.  I have a plan..."
- Dr. Strangelove

I like Douglas Rushkoff, or his work at least:  I make a point of
reading everything of his I can get my hands on.  He seems to have
mastered the art of presenting information in a context that never quite
crosses the line to offend Liberal and Oligarch sensibilities, but the
data itself tends to convey an inherently radical message to anyone with
more than half a brain & clue.  He has often been been the first to
bring the most useful and interesting "new stuff" to (nearly) mass
market audiences.  Students of propaganda should not miss the Rushkoff
canon.

:o)