Is Libertarianism Utopian? - Zerowedgie essay

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 07:57:12 PDT 2018

    On Monday, July 9, 2018, 4:30:14 AM PDT, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

 Is Libertarianism Utopian?
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-08/libertarianism-utopian

>Authored by Duncan Whitmore via The Mises Institute,

>Libertarianism – and any political position that leans towards a
 greater degree of freedom from the state – is opposed both ethically
 and economically on a number of substantive grounds. The proposition
 that without the state we would have inequality, destitution for the
 masses, rampant greed, and so on is a familiar charge which attempts
 to point out that libertarianism is undesirableand/or unjustifiable.

I will read the full essay later today, when I have more time.  I view this as a person who has a unique perspective, having invented the Assassination Politics idea, see at: https://cryptome.org/ap.htm
In about 1975, when I first learned about libertarianism and the Libertarian Party, I knew I was already a lifetime libertarian, as I still am.  I was a minarchist libertarian, not because I wanted to see some remnent of government survive, but instead because even then I realize that there would be a problem with a libertarian/anarchist government surviving against attack from outside, non-libertarian societies..   I was not aware of David Friedman, son of economist Milton Friedman, and I also was not aware of Friedman's "Hard Problem"   from his 1973/1989/2014 book, The Machinery of Freedom.    http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Machinery_3d_Edition/The%20Hard%20Problem%20II.htm

I continued to be a minarchist Libertarian until January 1995.  At that point, I hit upon an idea that I believed, and still believe, will inevitably usher in a libertarian AND anarchist society.  And by "inevitably", I mean that quite literally.  Once implemented, my AP idea will inexorably destroy and dissolve all other governments, leading to an anarchist and libertarian society.
               Jim Bell