Satoshi Nakamoto: Thoughts on excerpt from Duality?

Tom Busby tom at busby.ninja
Tue Jul 3 08:19:11 PDT 2018

Tbf there are no (spendable) accounts which are known to be Satoshi for
sure.

There's the genesis block reward (not spendable due to a quirk in the
protocol), the address Satoshi used to send the first transaction to Hal
Finney (was this really Satoshi? We don't know for sure) and there are a
bunch of blocks that we strongly suspect were mined by Satoshi due to their
characteristics (mainly the incrementing nonce value).

Something signed with the genesis block reward address's private key would
be best proof... But still not perfect, since we don't really even know if
Satoshi was the same person over time, or if the same person operated all
the Satoshi email/forum accounts.

I don't believe this new pretender really is Satoshi  though (or,
hypothetically, any of the people who spoke as "Satoshi") because the
writing style is way off. Satoshi was never a mystic. Satoshi never spoke
in grand narratives either, just engineering pragmatism.