Paging Jim Bell

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 04:03:48 PDT 2018

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 4:21 AM, Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
> On 07/24/2018 10:55 PM, jim bell wrote:
>>
>>     On Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 10:21:40 PM PDT, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://www.ccn.com/first-assassination-markets-appear-on-gambling-platform-augur/
>>
>> Well, you've got my attention!    What can I say?  Never expected that Betty White would be "on the list", so to speak.
>>                 Jim Bell
>
> Hey! Props to you, Jim! Very cool!
>
> But still, in a gambling context, this is more like typical dead pool
> betting, which has been a thing like forever.

https://twitter.com/AugurProject
https://kryptous.com/the-first-augur-assassination-markets-have-arrived/

https://twitter.com/search?q=augur%20assassination
https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/comments/91a54w/what_to_do_about_assassination_markets/

https://twitter.com/matt_odell/status/1017025681136455680
https://twitter.com/AugurProject/status/1021631296265768960
https://twitter.com/peterktodd/status/1021634814401687552

Note IPFS links vs censorship
https://twitter.com/lawmaster/status/1021675034761486337

They're the first on Augur, and there have been about four
short lived prior instances of such prediction markets (whether
faux, in devel, or production) in other namespaces such as
onion and i2p.

"You’re not a crypto OG if you’re not using the assassination
market in Augur for your life insurance needs."