[TOUGH QUESTIONS] State or individual - which should be master? - Zerowedgie

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Tue Jul 24 03:06:01 PDT 2018

On July 23, 2018 3:42:49 PM CDT, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 12:03:18 +1000
>Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>

>>  ∙ the state    direct democracy    anarchy/ism
>

>	so what is 'direct democracy'? A bunch of statists who can 'directly
>vote' on how to abuse their betters?
>
>	unless you give some actual specification for 'direct democracy'

In sci-fi by Alistair Reynolds there is a certain faction called the Demarchists (or demarchy, but doesn't have the same connotation as the English word) - they all get a neural implant at birth that automatically polls them on every conceivable issue in their particular community, eventually it sort of faids to a low background noise in their head.... And they all vote, on everything. I think it would drive you fucking insane but its a type of (speculative) "direct democracy".