Earth: Growth Is Ending, You Fucked Yourselves, Haha

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 15:25:58 PDT 2018

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 14:53:55 -0700
Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> OK, maybe just poor reading comprehension, plus a tendency to fling shit
> ;) If you reread what I posted, in context -- and actually check out the
> novels that I cited -- you'll see that I explicitly _did not_ argue
> "that political problems can be 'solved' by running away". And in fact,
> that the same political problems show up in virtualities. Worse, even.
>
> _Accelerando_ and the "Flower Prince" trilogy both explore virtual
> dystopias. _Accelerando_ is especially dark. There's lots of running
> away in _Diaspora_, through multiple levels of reality, but in the end
> it's painted as pointless.

	Oh, OK. I'll check those out then =)

> I admit that _The Last Trumpet Project_ does
> feature hiding in virtuality, but eventually they come back to kill all
> the assholes.

	I remember you linked a novel a while back in which the good guys beat the statists by developing better 'technology', which is of course wishful thinking and laughable nonsense. I did read like 3/4 of it and it was entertaining, but really naive. I think it might have been that same trumpet project?

	Anyway, I assumed that the other stuff you linked now was the same sort of utopian stuff. My mistake and I apologize.

> > ps: I wasnt expecting any answer from you. You should be ignoring me.
>
> Thanks for the advice :)

	my pleasure