We must preserve the Cypherpunks Mailing List archives! IMPORTANT!

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Sat Jul 7 05:32:21 PDT 2018

I will try to find a way to add these older items to the archives at https://lists.cpunks.org so it's findable there.  (I'm the guy who currently runs Mailman and the server there.)

The .tar.bz2 file has 92,195 individual files.  I appended them all to a single file, which email clients can open as an mbox file.  But mailx reported 84519 messages, and mutt reported 84531.

I have temporarily put this combined file here, until I can add them to lists.cpunks.org somewhere under /var/lib/mailman:

All files concatenated as-is:
http://www.petascale.org/cypherpunks-1999-2015.mbox
md5sum:  2a4ed20b98411cfd18c69765b21c30d2  cypherpunks-1999-2015.mbox

Presumably the other ~7664 files have something that gives the email clients I tried indigestion.  So I appended a blank line to each file, and then ran "formail -ds" on each file.  Now mailx reports and mutt(neomutt) reports 96969 messages.

All files concatenated after being "fixed" as described:
http://www.petascale.org/cypherpunks-1999-2015-fixed.mbox
a08b619f3bcc92253dbd9140956c79ef  cypherpunks-1999-2015-fixed.mbox

There are four messages from pre-1999.  Then, lots from 1999 starting with: