We must preserve the Cypherpunks Mailing List archives! IMPORTANT!

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Thu Jul 5 20:39:06 PDT 2018

On 07/05/2018 07:20 PM, juan wrote:

> quote:
> From: "Riad S. Wahby" <rsw at jfet.org>
> Subject: Re: moving on
> Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 20:44:31 -0700
>
> Done! This tarball goes back as far as 1999, though I'm not certain
> it's a complete archive. Note that prior to the LNE node, the list
> was 100% unfiltered, so what's below includes a decent amount of spam.
> All told, it's about 95k messages in Maildir format.
>
> https://cpunks.org/cpunk/cypherpunks.tar.bz2

wget sez:  HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found

> https://cpunks.org/cpunk/cypherpunks.tar.bz2.asc

wget sez:  HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found

> -----------------
>

> 	I uploaded a copy of those archives here
>
> 	https://www6.zippyshare.com/v/H0msMEKw/file.html

Seems legit except 'extract' has been chewing on the file for 45 minutes
now without spitting out any useful bits that I can see, while 'top'
indicates 99% of CPU cycles dedicated to the task.  It's kind of
reassuring that 'extract' reports files in "GNU tar format" were found.
But @126 MB I would expect /most/ archive files of this size to unpack
in way less than a minute here.

amidoinitrite?

Has anybody got a verifiably useful copy?

:o)