Cryptocurrency: Rise of Bitcoin Cash BCH

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 15:37:15 PDT 2018

    On Sunday, July 1, 2018, 11:09:34 PM PDT, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 00:22:03 -0400
grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

 "   as you know grarpamp (or maybe you dont know?) the size of bitcoins ledger is ~200 gbytes at the moment. "

On Amazon, I see a 200 GB micro SD card being sold for $71.  A 256 GB micro SD card is sold for $120.  Rather spendy, but within the realm of possibility.

About "a Gigabyte::  In my college days, 1978, we had a comedic, fictional dormitory organization called "TWePOE"  ("Third West Power Elite").   I, the only one with a functional personal computer on my hallway (my own homebrew "Bellyache I", a comedic take on the famous "ILLIAC 4), my room became the "GBDSC", short for "Gigabyte Data Storage Center", a subsidiary of the organization "MOIA", short for "Ministry of Information Abuse", whose ominous motto was, "We've got a file on YOU!"

I chose "Gigabyte" because, at that time, it was such an inconceivably fantasticly large amount of data storage so as to be awe-inspiring.  (An 8 inch SSSD floppy disk stored a grand 240 kilobytes of data, so it would have taken more than 4100 of them to house a full gigabyte.)
Today, the idea that I could buy 1 million times the storage of one of those 240 kilobyte floppies, held in a wafer smaller than my pinky-fingernail, remains amazing to me.
        Jim Bell