[MINISTRY] capitalism v fascism/ corporatism - what are we (the West) living under?

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Jan 24 03:38:43 PST 2018

On 23/01/2018 11:00, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Equally as bad is the fact that, in these same countries, large
> corporations have become so powerful that, by contributing equally to
> the campaigns of each major political party, they’re able to demand
> rewards following the elections, that not only guarantee them funds
> from the public coffers, but protect them against any possible
> prosecution as a result of this form of bribery.

There is in fact a negative relationship between political contributions
and above market profits.

This suggests that when politicians want some contributions, they
threaten to harm a business, and then get paid to leave them alone.

Thus, for example, the upsurge in political correctness, political
censorship, and massive political contributions by silicon valley
corporations reflects the end of the Silicon Valley exemption.  Silicon
valley used to be able to get away with meritocracy, unlike the rest of
America, but now the eye of Sauron has fallen upon it.  We would expect
this to decrease, rather than increase, the profitability of Silicon
Valley, and that indeed is what has happened.

A pretty good example of big corporations doing evil was Transpacific
Partnership:
https://blog.jim.com/politics/trump-is-on-the-ball/
	The Transpacific Partnership was not so much a free trade agreement as
a system of economic regulation by the “International Community”.  Free
Trade for corporations big enough to own a skyscraper in a major city
and fill it full of lawyers. Lesser businesses would find themselves
criminals because of a thousand pages of regulation that no one reads
and no one understands, least of all those enforcing it.

The practical consequence of the Transpacific Partnership would have
been regulation by far away bureaucrats rather than near at hand
bureaucrats.  Now arguably this would benefit corporations who are big
enough to afford skyscrapers full of lawyers at the expense of smaller
corporations, but it is mighty obvious that the chief beneficiaries
would have been "the international community", rather than evil giant
corporations.