Anarchocrapitalism, "libertardianism", et al.

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Jan 6 02:12:13 PST 2018

On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 08:13:58PM -0800, Kurt Buff wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 11:32 PM, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
> > Aka, acknowledging that genetics plays any part, whatsoever, in
> > mental aptitude, is one of the greatest sins of our time!
> >
> > Quite incredible when you think about it, becuase either the fact is
> > true, or it is not, and in either case, the age of reason was meant
> > to result in humans who simply enquire as to what the fact truly is,
> > rather than how quickly can we crucify someone who ponders or tests
> > such a trait, to determine its veracity.
> >
> > Simply astounding, but this is the "modern" world where white skinned
> > folk (men in particular) are vilified in general, even for broaching
> > such subjects.
> >

> > Welcome to The Ministry of Truth.
>
> All human characteristics can be plotted and fall on a bell curve,
> including intelligence. this is also true of definable
> sub-populations.
>
> I'm guessing that you fall within 1/2 standard deviation from the mean
> for intelligence, one way or the other.
>
> Let us presume that, for the purposes of argument, that the median for
> African-Americans is shifted left 1/2 standard deviation (which I
> don't believe to be true, but bear with me).
>
> If both of my assumptions are correct, that means that millions of
> African-Americans are smarter than you.
>
> That must really burn, to know that.

The presumption opposite to reason - whatever the actual statistic
is, it is, and my presumption may or may not be false, or true, just
as yours.

The projection of "must really burn" is the exact opposite of reason
- my first quick google search on the topic shows significant
standard deviations, with East Asians above whites and Jewish
Americans at the top of the heap - if I wanted to burn, this fact
would be the moment :D

The underlying point is that in this "modern" "tolerant" age,
discussion of such facts leads to projected assertions such as "that
must really burn" - the opposite result to if we actually lived in an
age of reason.

Ipso facto, we do not live in an age of reason - discussion of
politically incorrect facts almost invariably brings out straw men,
character assassinations and other illogical and non-fact based
"arguments".

That's my point, which you just demonstrated perfectly.

Good luck,